Turn your leftover mash potatoes into delicious cheesy mash waffles with this simple recipe! These amazing crispy waffles are filled with cheese, bacon and green onions, making for the perfect appetizers or even meal for all the fellow potato lovers out there 😃.
- 3 Cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup of flour
- 3 – 4 green onions, chopped
- 250 grams of diced bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese spread
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- Sour cream, for topping
1) Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
2) Whisk oil, eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl. Stir in the bacon, cheese, mash potatoes and green onions (save some for garnish) until combined.
3) In a separate bowl mix together the baking powder, baking soda and flour, the fold the flour mixture into the potato mixture until well combined.
4) Scoop mixture into the preheated waffle iron and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Repeat with remaining mixture.
6) Serve waffles with remaining green onions and sour cream!