A waffle wizards original, we present to you 🌹TURKISH DELIGHT WAFFLES. They said it couldn’t be done, but after years of experimentation we finally cracked the legendary flavor code .
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 separated eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tsp rose water
- 3 tsp red coloring
- 200g milk chocolate
- icing sugar to serve
1) Combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar in a bowl and make a well in the center.
2) Get your electric whisker and attack the egg whites until they form softy airy peaks.
3) Combine the milk, egg yolks and melted butter in a bowl and add this to the dry ingredients. Mix together thoroughly.
4) Carefully fold through the egg whites, vanilla essence, rose water, red coloring and a pinch of salt.
5) Lightly oil your preheated waffle iron and add the batter. We prefer to use spray oil with a high smoke point such as flavorless coconut oil.
6) While the waffles are cooking, melt your chocolate in a glass bowl over a steaming pot of water, or incrementally heat it in the microwave until it’s melted.
7) Serve your waffles with a drizzle of chocolate and a dusting of icing sugar. Voi La, Turkish Delight waffles.